AT&T Terminal?

Eric J. Nihill eric at sactoh0.UUCP
Mon Jun 18 02:29:50 AEST 1990

The other day I saw a terminal that had an AT&T label. The
terminal operator informed me that it was made by Data
Media Corp. (model 1800??)

The interesting thing was that this terminal looked like a
workstation. The operator told me that it could be used as
a stand alone DOS computer or as a colour terminal or do
both concurently. It had a NEC 3A colour display with what
looked like EGA graphics.

The display platform was about 3 inches high, 12 inches deep
and 15 inches wide. There was a slot on the right side and
the keyboard pluged into the front.

Has anyone ever heard of this beast? Can it do what the
operator claimed, or was I just being "shined on"? I would
be interested in seeing a termcap for this terminal to see
what it can do.
--
         Beat the system;            |     eric at sactoh0
        un-plug a computer!          | ames!pacbell!sactoh0!eric