vertically-mounted floppies

Mark Dapoz mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP
Mon Jun 4 06:23:19 AEST 1990

In article <14063 at becker.UUCP> bdb at becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) writes:
>In article <1990May31.035625.18728 at hybrid.UUCP> mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP (Mark Dapoz) writes:
>|[...]
>	I think Mark had a spot of bad luck -
>	I've been running 2 drives on a 3B1
>	power supply for months, without a
>	hint of trouble. Thee drives are large
>	Maxtors (1105 & 2190). The supply seems
>	to run slightly hotter, but the top of
>	the 3B1 case doesn't seem too warm...

But Bruce, you only have one card installed, a combo card with no memory
on it.  I have a combo card with 1.5 meg, voice card and tape drive.  You'd
be surprised how much of a load those cards can add to the machine, especially
the voice card.  Let's see what happens when you add the 1.5 meg of ram on
the combo card (you have an extra power supply right :-).
--
Managing a software development team 	|   Mark Dapoz
is a lot like being on the psychiatric	|   mdapoz%hybrid at cs.toronto.edu
ward.  -Mitch Kapor, San Jose Mercury	|   ...uunet!mnetor!hybrid!mdapoz