Default switches for lp?

Paul de Bra wsinpdb at lso.win.tue.nl
Mon Mar 26 17:48:39 AEST 1990

In article <113 at dynasys.UUCP> jessea at dynasys.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher) writes:
>I run AT+T Unix V/386 3.2 on a single-user system.  I'm tired of
>typing in -onobanner everytime I want to print something because I
>don't want banner pages.  I don't need them.  So, is there a way
>to set something that it will not do this by default (both system
>and/or user)?  Is there some file that I can set up for both the
>system and particular users to customize lp?  Thanx in advance.

The printer interface is in the dir /usr/spool/lp/admins/lp/interfaces.
It is usually a copy of one of the files from /usr/spool/lp/model.

If you change the line 'nobanner="no"' to read 'nobanner="yes"'
you will not get banners.
You can also change the line (a bit further) 'nobanner="yes"' to
'nobanner="no"' and then the option for nobanner will generate a
banner (so you can still get one if you would like so).

Paul.
(debra at research.att.com)