Help with 3B2 Floppy Drive

Charles Taylor taylor at qtp.ufl.edu
Thu Mar 8 01:26:25 AEST 1990

I've got a 3B2/300 running System V version 2 release 2.  and I'm having
trouble formatting floppy disks.  Sometimes the format just fails, says an
error (215?) occured and to consult the System Admin. Utilities Guide which
has no mention fo such an error.  Other times it seems to ger farther along
and dies with the message that it cannot verify track 0 sector 0.

I have tried both high density and double density floppies - it doesn't seem
to make much difference.

Can somebody tell me what is wrong and if my floppy drive has failed where
can I get a new one (can I stick a regular pc 360k or 1.2m floppy in there)
and how much should it cost.

                                           thanks in advance,

                                             Charlie Taylor
                                             taylor at qtp.ufl.edu