2 floppy drives on the Unix PC (was: 3.5 inch drives on Unix PC)

andrew.d.hay mvadh at cbnews.ATT.COM
Thu Mar 8 21:58:21 AEST 1990

In article <2491 at ttardis.UUCP> rlw at ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) writes:
[]
"Sounds good. Now, the next question:
"
"How about 2 floppy drives? (the 5.25 inch already there, plus, the
"3.5 inch added on (externally, of course, but no problem for me))

there is no drive select logic on the mother or in the driver.
fixing this will require a hardware hack and a loadable floppy driver.

"Also, what about the high density 3.5 inch drives? - are these simply
"more tracks? or do they require more sectors per track?

high density drives (both 3.5" & 5.25") double the data rate to get
more sectors per track.
fixing this will require a hardware hack and a loadable floppy driver.

i plan to look into hardware hacks in the course of my loadable floppy
tape driver...

"Thanks in advance.

you're welcome in advance.

--
Ragged Individualist	|	 But I thought we were *ALL* iconoclasts!      |