C news on a 3B1/7300 (or B news with mdbm)

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Fri Mar 23 02:46:55 AEST 1990

In article <22843 at ditka.UUCP> kls at ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) writes:
>Urk?  I thought C news was supposed to be ever so much faster than
>B news, and thus should be better for a little 'ole 3B1?!

Well, it ran fine on our little 'ole pdp11/44, and we've heard from
satisfied customers running it on 3B1s, so there's no inherent problem.

>Also, I hear the C news folks are completely redoing the config-
>uration script...

The revamping of the configuration stuff happened in January.  No major
changes are planned for it in the near future, although some minor
improvements are on the to-do list.
--
US space station:  8 years    |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
and still no hardware built.  | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu