TCP/IP Version 3.0.1 on a 3B2 310

W M Brelsford wmb at ulysses.att.com
Sat Mar 24 04:38:45 AEST 1990

In article <7373 at hydra.gatech.EDU>, isusecn at prism.gatech.EDU (chris newton) writes:
> I have recently received the latest version of TCP/IP for the 3B2 (WIN version
> 3.0.1).  After installing it, I have the following problem:
>
> My system will boot up and stay that way for 30 seconds to 1 minute then
> the following message appears:
>
>    proc=401D2814   psw=2DA12B
>    pc=4001BB96
>
>    PANIC:  KERNEL MMU FAULT (F_ACCESS)

We've been running an older version (2.0.5 I think) on a 310 --
when a connection to a machine that is down is attempted, it
crashes with the F_ACCESS message after about 45 seconds.  So we
have to comment out /etc/hosts entries for such machines.

We're getting ready to upgrade, and were hoping the problem
would then go away..

Bill Brelsford
AT&T, Basking Ridge
Internet: wmb at joplin.att.com