Re^2: flaky 3b1

Ronald K. Wright rwright at novavax.UUCP
Wed Mar 14 20:41:08 AEST 1990

kevin at kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) writes:

>In article <18039 at duke.cs.duke.edu> pusateri at macbeth.cs.duke.edu (Thomas J. Pusateri) writes:
>>I'm having some weird symptoms with my 3b1 and was wondering if any
>>one else had similar problems.
>>
>> [description of flakiness]

>I also was having a bunch of 'flakiness' on my 3b1. ....I got about 3 replies, >all suggesting a power supply problem.

>Well, I had bought a couple of spare supplies and had never installed them,
>so I did it right away.  This machine has been up solid now for two
>months, and looks just plain bulletproof.

I should like to echo the above.  I was having panics from hard drive
errors.  I repeatedly ran the diagnostic disk and would get errors
early on but then no bad blocks would be found.  The machine ended up
going down every night.

After seeing the above, and Thad Floryan's thing on power
conditioners, I put in both.  So far, not a problem one.

Thanks again for the help particularly Thad and his spotting the power
supplies.  If anyone sees anymore, please post.
--
R. K. Wright MD JD                     | office: uunet!medex2!medexam!rkw
Chief Medical Examiner, Broward County | nova:   novavax!rwright