flaky 3b1

Steve Johnson scj at casux4.uucp
Mon Mar 12 23:52:45 AEST 1990

In article <1137 at kosman.UUCP> kevin at kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) writes:

>Well, I had bought a couple of spare supplies and had never installed them,
>so I did it right away.  This machine has been up solid now for two
>months, and looks just plain bulletproof.
>
>Alerted to this, and paying attention to other traffic on the net, I have
>come to the conclusion that all sorts of off-the-wall troubles can be
>caused by a weak 3b1 or 7300 supply.

I don't think that Kevin missed this himself, but for those out there
that plan to replace their power supplies, remember to check out those
voltages carefully when you install.  Both of the 3B1 power supplies I
bought recently were badly out of trim (How about +4.3V & +10.5V).
Prior postings cover the voltage & pinout assignments, email to me if
you want a copy.

___
Steven C. Johnson, Bell Communications Research, Inc.
{scj at casux4.custom.bellcore.com (128.96.153.2)} or {bellcore!navaho!scj}