TCP/IP Version 3.0.1 on a 3B2 310

Geoff Coleman geoff at edm.uucp
Fri Mar 23 17:06:26 AEST 1990

>From article <7373 at hydra.gatech.EDU>, by isusecn at prism.gatech.EDU (chris newton):
-> I have recently received the latest version of TCP/IP for the 3B2 (WIN version
-> 3.0.1).  After installing it, I have the following problem:
->
-> My system will boot up and stay that way for 30 seconds to 1 minute then
-> the following message appears:
->
->    proc=401D2814   psw=2DA12B
->    pc=4001BB96
->
->    PANIC:  KERNEL MMU FAULT (F_ACCESS)
->
-> This only happens AFTER I install TCP/IP and not before.  So far the
-> exact same problem has happened on 2 3B2's.  I have tried changing
-> NI Cards, reinstalling software, reformatting hard drives and "retrying"
-> everything--but to no avail.

	You didn't mention what other cards you had in your machine but
one thing you should do is make sure that the NI card is in the last bus
slot used. There is a known problem with the NI cards that they like to
steal interupts and I recall this is one of the signs.

Hope this helps
Geoff Coleman