UNIX-PC/3b1/7300 and HP Deskjet+ for sale

Mike Proicou mike at captain.UUCP
Thu Mar 15 15:10:03 AEST 1990

Well, I've finished grad school and haven't been using this stuff.  I hate
to see it go, but the down-payment on a house is calling.  I really like
the 3b1; as far as speed goes, I found it comparable to the Sun-3's at school.

ATT 3B1 computer:
	- 2 Meg RAM
	- 67 Meg hard disk
	- WD2010 disk controller chip, allows use of hard disks with more
	    than 1024 cylinders
	- spare WD1010 disk controller chip
	- 360K floppy (can r/w MS-DOS disks)
	- 3 serial ports -- (2 on expansion card)
	- built-in 1200 baud modem
	- UNIX version 3.51m kernel
	- 3.51 development set (compiler,yacc,lex,etc)
	- HDB uucp
	- GNU C 1.36 compiler - with source on floppy
	- GNU bison -- yacc replacement - with source on floppy
	- GNU plot -- drives 3b1 graphics screen - with source on floppy
	- Flex 2.1 -- lex replacement - with source on floppy
	- News 2.11.18 -- this system has been running as a news node for
	   more than a year. - with source on floppy
	- RN -- news reader - with source on floppy
	- RCS -- Revision Control System -- like SCCS
	- ispell -- screen-oriented spelling checker
	- Complete LaTeX/TeX setup, including:
	    Common TeX 2.9 (virtex/initex)
	    LaTeX 2.09
	    Drivers for:
		Epson dot matrix printers
		HP Deskjet printer
	    14 Megabytes of fonts---I took every font file off the mainframe
		TeX installation at school (300 DPI-- usable with any 300 DPI
		device).  Also, I have some fonts at 240 DPI for use with
		Epson-compatible dot-matrix printers.
	    5 Megabytes of TeX/LaTeX macros---style files for several
		journals, several thesis formats, etc
	- Megabytes of PD software, including:
		kermit,everything from unix-pc.sources over the last year,
		mtools - for reading/writing MS-DOS disks,
		xmodem,zmodem,pcomm,etc
	- I've also got about 200-250 floppies with PD software, backups,
		source code to stuff I've installed.

	- This system has worked flawlessly since I bought it.  It has been
	up for 42 days without a reboot, right now.

	- Asking $1700. including software below

Commercial 3b1 Software:
    I haven't used this stuff, I'll throw it in with the computer above.
    Manuals and original disks included.
	- Sound Presentations-- Graphing/Charting software
	- Microsoft Word -- word processing
	- SUPERcomp 20 -- spreadsheet
	- Multiplan -- spreadsheet

Hewlett-Packard Deskjet Plus printer
	- 300 DPI resolution ink-jet printer
	- This is the somewhat faster Plus model
	- Includes Prestige Elite font cartridge (22706B)
	- Produces incredible output when used with TeX
	- Output from regular stuff is merely excellent
	- Yours for only $600
--
Mike Proicou                                 | The supreme irony of life is
proicou at afwl.af.mil                          | that hardly anyone gets out