T2500 firmware versions (was Re: 3B2/modem recommendations)

Greg Andrews gandrews at netcom.COM
Sat Apr 20 21:39:20 AEST 1991

In article <657 at wrangler.WLK.COM> bill at wrangler.UUCP (Bill Kennedy) writes:

>I hear that the myriad of firmware rev levels on the T-2500 is something
>of a headache but I don't have one so I don't really know.

But there have only been four of them.  GA1.00, GA2.00, GE6.01, and GE/GF7.00.
There may have been a GE6.00, but that would still only make 5 over a two
and a half year period.  The modems didn't begin selling in a big way until
the market began lusting after V.32 and V.42 about a year ago, so most of the
T2500s out in modem-land have version 6 or 7 firmware.

--
|  Greg Andrews   |       UUCP: {apple,amdahl,claris}!netcom!gandrews    |