Pin settings for StarLAN 10MB hub

H. CARLTON DOE III cryptkpr at cc.utah.edu
Fri Apr 19 14:10:53 AEST 1991

I have a 10MB StarLAN hub which I am using with TCP/IP.  I want to hook
up some Emulex terminal servers onto the net but I have a problem--I need
to know what the four active pins (out of the eight) on each port of the hub
do.  All the manual on the hub says is that two are input and two are output.

I have to build an adapter which will go on the back of the terminal server
using its active pins to channel the server signals to the hub.  Any help
sent via e-mail would be appreciated.

    the Crypt Keeper
    aka Carlton Doe
    at Spectrum Field Services
                                   |  WARNING!  This is only a test!  Had
     cryptkpr at cc.utah.edu          |  the above been an insightful or
     cdoe at peruvian.utah.edu        |  original thought rather than a waste
            or                     |  of bandwidth, you would have been told
     attmail!alexis!carlton        |  where to tune in your area for official