3B2/modem recommendations wanted

Bob Izenberg bei at dogface
Wed Apr 17 15:51:21 AEST 1991

I'm going to be in the market for a modem for a 3B2/400 in the near
future.  Telebit is a likely choice, but I'd like some other options.
When I last looked, Hayes support for 3B2s wasn't the best.  The modem
that I go with should do at least 2400 baud, and should be able to have
DCD true all the time, dipping DCD and then raising it when a valid carrier
is detected.  Transparency to uucp 'g' is a must.
Any comments about pricing, support, reliability or anything else are
welcome.
Thanks!
-- Bob

               Bob Izenberg
         cs.utexas.edu!dogface!bei   [ ]   "So young, so bad... So what!"
             512 346 7019                        Wendy O. Williams