3B/310 PORTS & 9600 modem

Huy Nguyen hpn at area88.uucp
Thu Apr 4 04:57:57 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr2.155931.20606 at cfctech.cfc.com> norm at cfctech.cfc.com (Norman J. Meluch) writes:
>a 3B/310.  The machine has 2 PORTS cards, one with a couple of terminals
>(running at 9600) and one with a laserjet printer (running at 9600).
>
>All of the terminals and printer seem to work fine (ie no data loss), but
>the modem was unable to do the littlest thing (at 9600) without *extream*
>amounts of bits falling on the floor.  12/2400 worked fine, 4800
>was difficult to test, and I have no conclusive results.
>						- Norm.
>--

I don't know if this'll help any, but somewhere in the 3B2 Expanded Input/
Output--Capability Manual, it mentions that a ports card can be used reliably
at 9600 for *two* ports only. Beyond that, there are no guarantees.
It could be that your NCLIST is low.

Huy Nguyen					| AT&T Explorer Scouts Post 71
hpn at occrsh.att.com || attcc!area88!hpn at mwood.att.com