Starlan term emulators under Windows 3?

Bradley E. Smith brad at bradley.bradley.edu
Fri Apr 19 10:46:18 AEST 1991

jbreeden at netcom.COM (John Breeden) writes:
> Got TCP-IP running on the hosts? Try this:
>
> WinQVTNET (shareware TCP-IP for Windows). Available on cira.cira.indiana.edu.
> 2. You are running Starlan hardware AND StarGROUP software, well you need:
>
>    A. StarGROUP Version 3.3 OR HIGHER (must be Lan Man/X).
>    B. If you are using Starlan cards, you need the StarGROUP NDIS MAC driver
>       (attcsma.dos) version 3.4 OR HIGHER (get that from the hot line).
>    C. You need the Packet Driver to NDIS driver adapter DIS_PKT.DOS version
>       1.6 (get that from netlab.usu.edu).
>
>    WinQVT talks to DIS_PKT.DOS which talks to the NDIS MAC driver, which
>    talks to the Starlan card.
I have all this and still get 'Network Initialization Error' when I
try to use the program.

My questions are following:

1. What does your config.sys look like?
2. What does your lanman.dos/drivers/star10/protocol.ini look like?
3. What does your qvt_tcp.rc (or what ever) look like?
--
Bradley Smith
Network & Technical Services @ Bradley University, Peoria, IL