New S language: Impressions anyone?

Jon Brinkmann jvb7u at fermi.clas.Virginia.EDU
Fri Jun 21 10:20:45 AEST 1991

I just ran across a book called _The New S Language_ by Becker, Chambers,
and Wilks.  I've never heard of the language, which is an interactive
language for data analysis and graphics.  I'm in the market for such
a beast and it's syntax, being similar to C, looks great.  Can anyone
comment on the usefullness, versatility or robustness of this language?

Jon
--
Jon Brinkmann					Astronomy Department
Internet:	jvb7u at Virginia.EDU		University of Virginia