PBX to 3B2

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Wed Jun 12 01:27:58 AEST 1991

Our AT&T sales thing wants to sell us a 3B2, to hook to our AT&T System 85
PBX. This will provide us with the incoming phone number, and the extension
to which it was connected.  This is something we'd like to do.

The trouble is, they want $80,000 for a 3B2 to do this, and I think it could
be done by a $1000 cheap PC, with a serial port.  The 3B2 connects to the
PBX via a DB25, which the sales rep assures me is asynch serial.

I COULD put a line monitor on the line, and reverse engineer the protocol,
but I'd like to get the protocol spec.  The sales rep seems to go blank at
this point.

What protocol is used here?  Hey, we're commercial -- give me a part number
and we'll order the protocol spec.

--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ DBS, Inc (404) 239-2347   ...gatech!nanoVX!msa3b!kevin

Dun&Bradstreet Software, 3445 Peachtree Rd, NE, Atlanta GA 30326-1276