User Group Meeting

Dennis Grittner dennisg at pwcs.StPaul.GOV
Thu Mar 24 03:36:00 AEST 1988

Sorry if this is a tad long but...

The Pyramid User Group would like your feedback on a proposed
meeting at or about the same time as the summer Usenix Conference
in San Francisco.

The current board met for about 4 hours following a breakfast
meeting with representatives of Pyramid Technology and discussed
many issues including a summer meeting to be held at or about the
same time as summer Usenix.

The purpose of the meeting would be to share our experiences with
other Pyramid users, provice feedback to Pyramid Technology, and
give presentation on what projects some Pyramid users are
involved in. The boards feeling was that a conference held in the
same place as Usenix at about the same time would generate more
participation since the travel expenses would be minimal from say
San Francisco to Santa Clara or vice versa.

As President of the Pyramid User Group, I am asking for your
feedback as to 'when should we hold this conference'?

We could hold it early before Usenix or during the first several
days of Usenix when the All Day tutorials are held - which some
people attend and others don't...

or hold the Pyramid Users Group conference after Usenix. This
might cause it to carry over through Sunday or Monday.

or ???? ...

Please send your thoughts on this matter to me via e-mail as I
don't want to clutter the net with the additional traffic. I will
summarize your thoughts to the net as well as any input from
the board and from Pyramid Technology itself.

Quite a number of Pyramid Users ( like those of other Unix
computers ) are not active participants in usenet, so we must
make our decisions with their positions in mind as well as those
from 'the net'.

The first Pyramid Users Conference was held almost 2 years ago
and was well attended with an excellent program. Through
breakfast and dinner meetings at Usenix/Uniforum Conferences we
have continued to communicate with each other regularly.

If any of you have any questions concerning membership in Pyramid
User Group I will be happy to send you information.(( I just know
you all want the current software tape with the latest games and
utilities.... :-)    ))

--
Dennis Grittner		City of Saint Paul, Minnesota
(612) 298-4402		Room 700, 25 W. 4th St. 55102