ditroff on Pyramid

Brian K. Shiratsuki bks at unisoft.UUCP
Thu Mar 24 17:56:14 AEST 1988

In article <318 at draken.nada.kth.se> larsa at nada.kth.se (Lars Andersson) writes:

>I am using a Pyramid to do text processing etc. and would like to use
>ditroff instead of troff. Apparently there is a version of ditroff in the
>att universe on this machine. However, it does not run! ...

on the pyramid, ditroff lives in the att universe, but is called troff.
the program which used to be called troff (output to c/a/t) is called otroff
in this universe.  we didn't have any problems getting ditroff to run, but it
seems to have a few problems.  what happens when you try to run it?

>...The reason I want to get ditroff is of course to be able to
>include postscript pictures in my papers....

we're having problems with this one.  haven't been able to make the psfig
stuff from the network work yet.  which software do you plan to use?

an additional problem we've seen involves included postscript in the ditroff
source file (we use this to print wide tables in landscape mode).  for some
reason, ditroff on the pyramid seems to append backslashes to the ends of
the lines we want to include; these confuse psdit.  the RTOC knows about this
one, but hasn't come up with a fix yet...
--

				brian