ditroff on Pyramid

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Thu Mar 24 13:45:49 AEST 1988

In article <318 at draken.nada.kth.se> larsa at nada.kth.se (Lars Andersson) writes:
>I am using a Pyramid to do text processing etc. and would like to use
>ditroff instead of troff. Apparently there is a version of ditroff in the
>att universe on this machine. However, it does not run!

You have to be a lot more specific. Pyramid does not ship any product named
"ditroff"; we provide DWB 2.0 troff, which is supported by AT&T and is an
updated (and largely compatible) version of the original ditroff program. Is
that what you meant by "ditroff in the att universe"?

Since we use this software to generate all our documentation (with Adobe's
Transcript(TM) or AT&T's Imagen Impress(TM) filter as the backend), the state-
ment "it does not run" needs some elaboration! What OSx release? Which macro
package, if any? What does your input do? What are you using as a backend? Is
it a consistent failure, or only under certain conditions?

Etc....

If it simply dumps core or something equally awful, then you have a corrupted
executable file. Harass your salesman or your FE to get you a copy that works.
For general problems/questions, send mail to pyramid!bugs.

<csg>