NFS Problem

Dave Bloom dave at andromeda.rutgers.edu
Tue Mar 22 06:52:58 AEST 1988

I've just loaded NFS on our 90x running 4.0, and I have this problem:

	1) I mount the pyramid's /u1 filesystem on my sun:
		# /etc/mount andromeda:/u1 /mnt
		#
	2) I cd into the mounted filesystem:
		# cd /mnt
		#
	3) I check to see if everything's there:
		# ls -l
		total 0
		#

This can't be! My whole filesystem including /u1/dave should be there!

	4) Just to be kinky, I see if my directory is indeed inaccessable:
		# cd dave
		#
	5) Is anything there?
		# ls -l
		total 0
		#
	6) Let's try catting a file:
		# cat mbox
		------- mbox type stuff appears ---
		#

It's as though every directory on the pyramid has read permissions turned
off. I checked the mount point on the sun, and it DOES have read and ex-
ecute permissions. The filesystems are all properly exported.

The RTOC seems to think the problem is on the sun for no particular reason.
I explained to him that I've been mounting file systems between suns for
months without problems... he says he'll get back to me.

Have any of you folks had this problem? Romain... are you out there?

              \  pyramid \                          Dave Bloom
ihnp4!packard  >!rutgers  >!andromeda!dave          Office: (201) 648-5083
      allegra /     phri /