SysVR4?

Dave Bloom dave at andromeda.rutgers.edu.rutgers.edu
Tue Sep 20 03:55:55 AEST 1988

Though I've been a great fan of Pyramid's OSx, I'm glad to
see the whole unification effort going on at AT&T/Sun. I've
just attended the System V Rel 4 Developer's Conference and
it looks like the usefulness of the dual universe concept
is finally coming to an end.

What are Pyramid's plans, now that SystemV and BSD will be
under the same umbrella?  I assume they'll support Rel 4...
when do they plan on being able to ship?  The representatives
from AT&T/Sun intimated that there will in all likelyhood be
a number of vendors SHIPPING Rel 4 within WEEKS of AT&T's
Release in 3Q89.... Will OSxV.4 be one of them????

Enquiring minds want to know...