Anyone have a tn3270 for the Pyramid (90x OSx4.4)?

Karl Kleinpaste karl at cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 5 07:01:15 AEST 1989

fredrick at acdpyr.ucar.edu writes:
   I have the source distribution for tn3270 (Telnet-like IBM3270 emulator)
   and it looks like it is going to be a lot of work to do the install (none
   of the build nor makefiles work for the Pyramid - we used the same
   scripts elsewhere at NCAR to build tn3270 for SUNs).

What OSx version are you running?

I just picked up the latest tn3270 (4.1.1) from ucbarpa and built it.
The only problem I had was the redefinition of _putchar(), which I
fixed by cleaning and then adding -DNOT43 to the makefile.  With that
done, make just plain built it, and it seems fine, except that I'm
getting an initial "SetSockOpt: Invalid argument" which doesn't appear
to have actually caused any problem.  The nearby Big Bluish Beasties
responded with full-screen 3270 operation just fine.

I'm running OSx4.4c (891107) on several flavors of Pyrs.

I can put it up for FTP if you really need it, but I suspect that you
don't.

--Karl