NNTP on Pyramid?

Steve DeJarnett steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU
Thu Jul 20 06:18:59 AEST 1989

In article <32 at ark1.nswc.navy.mil> dsill at relay.nswc.navy.mil (Dave Sill) writes:
>Has anyone managed to get nntp to run under either 4.0 or 4.4c?

	Yes.  It was actually amazingly painless to install.  We (polyslo) are
running it, as is Ohio State.  Both (I believe) 98x's, OSx 4.4c.

>I'm able to compile nntpd cleanly, but nothing happens when I telnet
>to port 119.  Yes, I restarted inetd.

	Did you put entries in both /etc/services and /etc/servers??  Is the
path to the executable correct in /etc/servers??

	Also, what version of NNTP are you running??  The latest version is
1.5, with 5 patches to that (making it 1.5.5).

| Steve DeJarnett            | Smart Mailers -> steve at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU     |
| Computer Systems Lab       | Dumb Mailers  -> ..!ucbvax!voder!polyslo!steve |
| San Luis Obispo, CA  93407 | BITNET = Because Idiots Type NETwork           |