Quotas in OSx4.4

Jonathan D. Trudel trudel at caip.rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 6 06:09:54 AEST 1989

>When I use edquota and simply quit from the editor the system panics
>with realloccg: bad bprev.

>Linda.

I came across the same problem.  The format for quotas appears to have
changed over the releases.

The only solution I have is to first get the result of repquota for each
partition (under the original OS if possible), rm the quota file for
each partition, turn on quotas again, and then finally, rebuild the
quotas by hand with quota.  :-(  Using sort on the repquota file and
'edquota -p' came in really handy here.

If you only have the new OS running, you can still get the some of the
quotas - others will be trashed.  Clever guesswork (by comparing the
groups of users) should help if the numbers are off.