The Quality of Pyramid's Service

Roy Forsstrom royf at pwcs.UUCP
Wed Sep 6 01:48:48 AEST 1989

In article <3535 at rtech.rtech.com> markd at rtech.UUCP (Mark P. Diamond) writes:
>From article <82731 at pyramid.pyramid.com>, by csg at pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst):
>>
>> Out of all the complaints I've ever heard about *any* field service organiza-
>> tion, this is by *far* the most common. And there are very practical, human
>> reasons behind it. RTOC takes thousands of calls every week. Greater than 90%
>> of them are User Brain Damage: the person calling didn't understand what they
>> were doing.
>
>This attitude really bothers me.  Users are not stupid.  Engineers, technical

	I agree!

UBD may be an inside joke for RTOC, but it is a bad attitude to have come
out in any way when dealing with customers. I've had an RTOC 'engineer'
say..., well never mind. I was commenting on the documentation and the fact
that not everyone has worked with pyramids before, some have vax  and sun
experience behind them.

If RTOC can't handle the routine questions, then they should make sure
the information is getting out some other way, email, newsletter or even
a phone call.

So far I've had pretty good service from RTOC. Yes, requests have been lost
and such, but at other times I get the impression that one of the 'engineers'
is spending all day just on my difficulty. That's more than I would expect
from any of the other vendors I deal with.