How to setup backbone site?

Carl S. Gutekunst csg at pyramid.pyramid.com
Fri Aug 3 03:37:04 AEST 1990

In article <148 at perle.UUCP> bob at perle.UUCP (Bob Pickles) writes:
>Does anyone know why the following backbone doesn't work:
>
>        backbone          mnetor!uunet!%s

That looks just fine, other than you must not have any whitespace in front of
the keyword "backbone." I think you need to have tabs (not spaces) between
the keyword and the argument, too. If that *still* doesn't work, then I'm not
sure why; we run the identical software here without problem.

>The response back from our Pyramid supplier is that Pyramid says this is
>public domain software and they don't support it and don't have an answer?

Your supplier is wrong. If you get it on a tape from Pyramid, it's supported.
It doesn't matter that the software was originally public domain.

<csg>