Additional Memory for 98xe

Brian S. Brumfield bsb at pyrnova.pyramid.com
Fri Dec 21 03:57:37 AEST 1990

In article <326 at aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU>, craig at aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU (Craig Myers) writes:
> We have a 98xe with 8 megs of memory.  This was sufficient
> until we recently upgraded to OSX5.0 (More on that later).
> Pyramid wants too much for additional memory and keeps talking
> about an upgrade.
>
> We have heard that there are third party sources.  Does anyone
> know where?  Anyone have some memory for sale or donation.
>
> craig at aplcomm.jhuapl.edu

	There are some third party hardware products for Pyramid's,  but there
	are a number of things to consider.

	1. Memory *is* a commodity,  hence it's seemingly excessive price.
	2. Pyramid cannot,  and will not directly support alien hardware.
		I believe that we will install it (charging for labor),  but
		support is wholly owned by the customer/vendor.
	3. Someone who has depreciated Pyramid memory arrays is probably
		your best source.  They can be put under support with little
		of no problem.

	Good luck.

--
      -m-------  Brian S. Brumfield