MIS On the Critical List - No SYS Rel 4!

Dave Dickson dickson at escob1.UUCP
Tue Dec 18 02:51:18 AEST 1990

It looks like the Pyramid MIS line is on the critical list.  We
recently purchased a MIS 4 server and had been told all along
that Pyramid had all intentions of porting SYS V rel 4 to the MIS
line sometime in 1991.

Well, guess what we are now being told?  Pyramid is now telling
us that they don't plan on porting SYS V, rel 4 to anything but
the new MIP line that they are planning to market sometime in
1991.

They [Pyramid] said they may change their mind if they thought
the customers really wanted it.  Well, my guess is that most of
their customers did not know that they were going to be left out
in the cold, if they were unfortunate enough not to have bought something
other than a MIP based Pyramid!

Lets hear what the rest of you think about this - talk to your
account representative and see if you can persuade Pyramid to change
their minds on this one.