Problem porting X11R4 clients to OSx5.0

Peter McMahon pmcmahon at ukpyr3.uk.oracle.com
Mon Jul 23 22:41:54 AEST 1990

So I get my X11R4 tape and do the biz about configuration files, point
a compiler at it and it all seems to compile and work nicely, BUT...

I can't "su" from within an xterm.  If I try it says "Password:\nSorry".
Interestingly enough, if I run a script(1) from within the xterm I can
su without incident.

Sounds like sick psuedo terminal characteristics to me, but what is su
trying to set?  Also, xterm _appears_ to be sending all output unbuffered
to the server.  I say this because I'm using a slow X-terminal and I can feel
the gaps between the characters.

Anybody got any bright ideas?

Peter McMahon					Phone: +44 (0)344 41 5015
Oracle UK, Bracknell, Berks, U.K.		Email: pmcmahon at oracle.com