restoring pyramid dump tape on non-pyramid

Pete Cottrell pete at CS.UMD.EDU
Mon Jun 4 22:36:16 AEST 1990

The first thing we did when we shut down our Pyramid was to hack the
4.3BSD restore program on our VAXen to read Pyramid tapes. I have made
these changes available for anonymous FTP on mimsy.umd.edu in a file
called pub/pyrestore.tar. If you don't have Internet access, I can mail
it to you. It is a series of diffs, so you will need the 4.3 restore
(this is what we run on the Suns too. At least it is a starting place).
The 4.3 restore is smart enough to do byte-swapping on its own, so our
changes mostly just deal with block size and conditional symbolic links.

	Pete