printing via pcnfs

Khalid Sattar admin at cs.exeter.ac.uk
Mon Jun 4 01:42:33 AEST 1990

On Pyramid OSx 4.4 files printed from PC's using pcnfs get printed as
user root.  This really messes up our printer accouting.  Is this a
feature?, bug? or lack of foresight.   I would have though that it
would not be too difficult to implement since the PC user has already
given it name using "net name".   The pcnfs could then do a setuid to
that user before spawning lpr

Khalid Sattar                   JANET  : admin at uk.ac.exeter.cs
Computer Science Dept.          UUCP   : admin at expya.uucp
University of Exeter            BITNET : admin%uk.ac.exeter.cs at ukacrl
Exeter, UK.                     Tel    : +44 392 264062