Upgrade 5.0d for 9825

karl_kleinpaste at cis.ohio-state.edu karl_kleinpaste at cis.ohio-state.edu
Wed Nov 14 02:31:35 AEST 1990

wlyle at sjuphil.uucp writes:
   a chance meeting with my Field
   Engineer made me call it off.  He said that there were certain levels of
   boards that were needed to run OSx5.0 and that if you didn't have these you
   weren't 100% sure if 5.0 would come up on your system.

Yes, I was told about it the first time I called RTOC/CCSC about 5.x.
I'm currently waiting on some parts for my 9825 so I can go forward on
it; I've already got the tapes and docs.  I'm told that I'm down-rev
on data caches, TPEs, and TAs for 5.1.  No sweat, I understand it's
covered on our service contract.  The 9825 has to upgrade first, since
it's got the fewest critical services; the others (1 98x, 2 98xe) will
upgrade immediately after.  Apparently there aren't any board-level
dependencies for 5.x on the 98s.

--karl