Help with "NFS server write failed"

Geoff Arnold @ Sun BOS - R.H. coast near the top geoff at bodleian.East.Sun.COM
Sat Nov 10 01:14:56 AEST 1990

Quoth ras at sgfb.ssd.ray.com (Ralph A. Shaw) (in <292 at sgfb.ssd.ray.com>):
#For the past few days, we've been getting messages like:
#
#>NFS server write failed: (err=69, dev=0xf0648650, ino=0x2).

Well, according to my /usr/include/sys/errno.h, error 69 is "disc [sic]
quota exceeded", so I'd try looking there. Try "/usr/etc/quotaoff -av"
(or whatever your system's equivalent is) on the pertinent systems.

-- Geoff Arnold, PC-NFS architect, Sun Microsystems. (geoff at East.Sun.COM)   --
   *** "Now is no time to speculate or hypothecate, but rather a time ***
   *** for action, or at least not a time to rule it out, though not  ***
   *** necessarily a time to rule it in, either." - George Bush       ***