limit on telnet sessions

W Christopher Martin wcm at geac.com
Thu Jun 6 04:02:45 AEST 1991

Can anyone tell me the absolute maximum number of incoming telnet
sessions on an MIS-4 (8540) and/or MIS-12 (8580) with a single TPE
interface?  I know this is probably buried in a manual someplace,
but I can't find it.  Is it limited by the number of pseudo ttys
that can be defined, or something else?

I'm also interested in practical limits on the number of users that
can be connected to an Ethernet network.  I realize that would
likely be expressed as a function of the traffic generated by
each user, plus other factors.  I'd be interested in hearing about
any real life experience that you'd like to share.

wcm
--
W. Christopher Martin  <wcm at geac.com>