FTP to VMS systems

Root root at brunix.UUCP
Thu Apr 14 01:15:13 AEST 1988

In article <576791317.8201 at bucasb.bu.edu> rasesh at bucasb.bu.edu (Rasesh Trivedi)
writes:
>In article <8804081907.AA03668 at uazchem.SGI> dolata at uazchem.UUCP (Dolata) writes:
>>I have a 3130, 2400T, and a mVAX II running ULTRIX, and a mVAX II running VMS.>>(And a headache!)  All of these machines are hanging on an ethernet, and all
>>When I try to 'open vms' on the IRIS's ftp,  it gives me a "segmentation
>
>Problem on Iris end implies something wrong on set up of your 3130 kernel.

No, not at all. It was mentioned that telnet works just fine in both
directions from all machines. That means that the kernel should be perfectly
happy chewing on tcp. The problem is more likely in /etc/hosts or tcp
configuration files on the irises, or in the VMS tcp implementation (whose is
it?).
From: sgf at nancy (Sam Fulcomer)

I didn't see the original posting and don't have enough info to tell what the
problem might be. Feel free to send mail to one of the following addresses if
the headache persists.

Sam

		BITNET		sgf at BROWNCS
		CSNET		sgf at cs.brown.edu
		ARPANET 	sgf%lfm.brown.edu at relay.cs.net
		UUCP		{ihnp4,allegra,decvax,princeton}!brunix!sgf
		TELECOM		401-863-3618