Porting 4.3BSD dump/restor

Steve Hayman sahayman at watmath.waterloo.EDU
Wed Apr 13 06:57:07 AEST 1988

Hello list. We have just acquired some 3030's here at Waterloo, and
"uname -k" tells me our version is "5.0+5.3+ (GL2-W3.5)", whatever
that is.  (Forgive me if I misuse some terminology, we're still
new to these machines.)

We already have a large number of Vaxen and Suns running 4.3BSD here
and use scripts based on 4.3's "dump" and "restor" to back them up, and
would like to back up our Irises in the same way if possible for simplicity.

If anyone has ever ported over the 4.3 dump (and rdump), I'd like to hear
from you before I start trying to do this myself.  Thanks in advance.

Steve Hayman         Math Faculty Computing Facility     University of Waterloo
watmath!sahayman        sahayman at math.waterloo.edu        sahayman at water.bitnet