Strange enp0 errors on 4D60Turbo

Vernon Schryver vjs at rhyolite.SGI.COM
Wed Jun 29 03:26:46 AEST 1988

In article <967 at eos.UUCP>, timelord at eos (G. Murdock Helms) writes:
> In January of this year we purchased an SGI 4D60Turbo.  Around February or
> March of this year, this strange error began popping up on the console:
>
> enp0: bad recieve packet length of 0

This means that an invalidly small packet came in from the ether.  Future
releases of the driver will have a printf based on:
	"if_enp%d: packet too small (length = %d)\n"

We infrequently get flurries of these in our network.  They mean something
is broken or not yet working somewhere on the wire.

Vernon Schryver
Silicon Graphics
vjs at sgi.com    or   {pyramid,allegra,research,sun,pacvax}!sgi!vjs