Strange enp0 errors on 4D60Turbo

G. Murdock Helms timelord at eos
Tue Jun 28 11:53:30 AEST 1988

In January of this year we purchased an SGI 4D60Turbo.  Around February or
March of this year, this strange error began popping up on the console:

enp0: bad recieve packet length of 0

Usually we noticed this on entering the lab in the morning, late evening,
or on a weekend, usually when no one had been using the machine for a while.
The number of messages started at about 6, went up to about 50, and currently
hover around 12 to 25.  We don't always find these messages: it seems to be
a somewhat sporadic problem that crops up for a week or two and dies out
again.  We had originally thought it was just something wrong with our
machine, until I went to use a 4D70 in another lab (not ours) and found the
screen full of these errors.

The Hotline is puzzled by these errors, and neither our 2500T or 3120 Irises
show any indication of burping in this manner.  Has anyone else experienced
or found a solution to this little mystery?

G. Murdock Helms