Plotting functions or package?

Martin R. Wittmann mrwittma at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Sun Jun 5 05:31:33 AEST 1988

I would like to find some public domain source code (preferably in C) for
data plotting applications designed to work on the Iris 3000 series.

Specifically, I would like:
	a)  functions that operate on 2 or 3D datasets (or functions
	    returning same) and generate axes, tic and grid lines,
	    labels, legends, etc., and plot the data by various means
	    (different linestyles, error bars, symbols, etc.);
	b)  functions providing database capabilities for controlling
	    a number of datasets and associated plots in a window;
	c)  editting functions allowing change of scale of axes,
	    positioning of labels or legend, or other features of the
	    plot composition easily, say using 'pick mode' or mouse
	    movement to change scalar values.

The Irises are great machines, but I am surprised that they are not
supplied with a simple plotting package to produce attractive data
plots.  (This may be under-utilization, but there is clearly a value in
having something like this alongside all the other gee-whiz things you
might have running on an Iris!)

Please post or email.  Many thanks!

                  'careful, Bwana... we are in lion country now'
Martin Wittmann (mrwittma) -- Dept. of Chem. Eng. -- Princeton Univ.