Whiners

Rion T Cassidy rion at FORD-WDL39.ARPA
Wed Oct 5 00:59:52 AEST 1988

blbates writes:

>SGI is making a BAD name for themselves and if they don't straighten up,
>people are going to go to other companies, were they can get the service
>they deserve.

That's exactly what we did.  We went to Prime, who sells SGI equipment
that says Prime on it.  Oddly, our SGI sales rep didn't seem to care too
much that we did that, and even less why we did it.

Prime insists on their equipment working right before they release it, so
they take SGI's stuff and test it all out to make sure its up to snuff.  From
what I've heard, they've had to "straighten out" SGI on certain things that
weren't working so well so that they could sell the product.  Unfortunately,
this results in a bit of a time lag between the point where SGI announces
the product and Prime actually starts selling it -- perhaps as much as
seven months.

Rion Cassidy
Ford Aerospace

P.S.  Maybe a negative posting like this will give someone the incentive to
take me off this mailing list like I've asked?