a question for you all...

D. Christopher Dunlap dunlap at bombadl.SGI.COM
Fri Oct 28 04:16:03 AEST 1988

In ASDBT (Advanced Systems Division Business Team) yesterday, we were
talking about a project that we're trying to prioritize, and decided
that we'd ask the net about it.

It is possible for us to make the 4D/xx and 4D/xxGT systems (but NOT
the Power series) run out of a regular 15Amp circuit. This would save
everyone from having to get special 20Amp outlets installed for their
workstations. It is certainly a nice thing to be able to do, but it's
not really clear to us how big an issue it is with people. We haven't
had a lot of feedback so far, and we're trying to prioritize this
against other projects like bigger disks, bigger tapes, new video
standards, etc.

What do you all think? Is the 20Amp circuits a real hassle, or would
you rather have us spend our time on other things...

thanks in advance for your input,

chris

D. Christopher Dunlap	(dunlap at sgi.com)
Hardware Product Support