a question for you all...

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sat Oct 29 04:49:18 AEST 1988

In article <21191 at sgi.SGI.COM> dunlap at bombadl.SGI.COM (D. Christopher Dunlap) writes:
>It is possible for us to make the 4D/xx and 4D/xxGT systems (but NOT
>the Power series) run out of a regular 15Amp circuit. This would save
>everyone from having to get special 20Amp outlets installed for their
>workstations. It is certainly a nice thing to be able to do...

Sure is.  And most of the time, all you have to do is change the plug.
A "heavy" configuration might be different, but our rather "light"
4D/60T is perfectly happy on a 15A circuit.  We measured the current
drain; it's nowhere near 15A.  Harsh words were said about SGI.

Yes, 20A circuits are a hassle.
--
The dream *IS* alive...         |    Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
but not at NASA.                |uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu