4d 20-> 4d80gt porting bug

Michael Piplani piplani at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Sat Aug 26 08:44:34 AEST 1989

I wrote a simple graphics driver for a program of ours on a 4d/20- personal
iris.  Our program worked fine on all our test cases.  We shipped a binary
to someone with a 4d/80 gt with alpha blending. When it starts up it
dies with this message: "Unable to map FIFO no such device"

I thought there was binary compatability across the 4d family.

Any ideas?  It just occured to me that we didn't use the shared
graphics libraries (just linked with good ole' -Zg), could this be the
problem?

Thanks,

Michael Piplani
Cornell U.