Icon questions

G. Murdock Helms timelord at eos.UUCP
Thu Aug 10 02:22:33 AEST 1989

(Tony Facca) writes, about Personal Iris icons:
>Has anyone else noticed this?  Or what about icons popping up in different
>order?  When you are the only user, shouldn't the system do pretty much the
>same thing each time you login?  It would be nice to always have the icons in
>the same place, so I could get used to them.

Funny, I've noticed the same thing.  I have the standard Demos, Windows and
Tools icons up, plus one additional one called Hosts (it's straight outta
the manual, actually).  Sometimes Hosts comes up first, sometimes Tools
comes up first, I never know which.

There was also one isolated incident on a 4DGTX where the icons came up,
the user ran a few graphics programs, and voila, the icons had disappeared.
We had to log out and log back in to get the icons back.

-Murdock
timelord at eos.arc.nasa.gov
A3I Project
NASA/Ames Research Center