Icon questions

"Gary S. Moss", VLD/VMB moss at BRL.MIL
Fri Aug 11 03:01:50 AEST 1989

[Tony Facca writes]
< Why is it that sometimes, not all of the icons get fired up??
< Has anyone else noticed this?  Or what about icons popping up in different
< order?

Yes, I have noticed that sometimes my RestartActions executable array does
not always succeed in starting up the console window when I hit the 'restart'
entry on my Max menu.  More than half the time all three windows come up,
but occasionally the console does not, and usually the console comes up last,
but occasionally the wsh is last.  I am running 3.1D on a 4D/60 Turbo.  Here
is what RestartActions looks like in my user.ps file:

/RestartActions [
       { (ical) forkunix }
       { forkwsh }
       { RunConsole }
] def

-moss

PS: Does anyone know a way to program 4Sight to allow a 'click to type' style
of attaching windows?  I have a couple of applications that broke when Mex
went away because they control the graphics cursor by typing commands in a
text window.  There is currently no work-around for the problem of having to
have the graphics cursor in the window where you are typing.  Note that
holding down a key while moving the cursor out of the window does not help
in the slightest with this type of interaction.