4D/20 manuals

Paul Connally paulc at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Sat Aug 5 08:57:42 AEST 1989

	I just received a Personal Iris.  Nice machine but...
I really can't beleive that the only manual they give you is the "PI
owners manual". What a joke!  I guess the sales rep out here that we
bought the PI from is lame in not telling me that I would need other manuals.
We have since changed reps but I still can't get much response in trying
to receive the rest of the docs I need.

	Also, it seems there is a good amount of undocumented programs
in the NeWS libs and bin (no man pages).  Are these programs supported?
Is 4-sight supported? What happened to the X-windows stuff?

	I have IRIX version 3.1D, is this the most recent version and
if not how do I go about getting the most recent one?

	Finally, what is the maximum length the cables from the monitor
to the computer can be?

	Is there some sales rep out there willing to do business with
us?  It seems that there is a confilict between the 2 out here so we
can't get straight answers.  Perhaps the one we deal with now is
mad because we didn't purchase the computer from him originally, but that's
ridiculous.
	Paul Connally            	paulc at boulder.colorado.edu
	University of Colorado  	High Voltage Electron Microscope Lab
	MCDB  -  Box 347 		"A higher potential for
	Boulder, CO  80309		                 better penetration."