4D/20 manuals

D. Christopher Dunlap dunlap at bigboote.sgi.com
Tue Aug 8 05:33:07 AEST 1989

In article <39633 at sgi.SGI.COM> jmb at patton.sgi.com (Jim Barton) writes:
>In article <10504 at boulder.Colorado.EDU>, paulc at boulder.Colorado.EDU (Paul Connally) writes:
>>
>> 	I have IRIX version 3.1D, is this the most recent version and
>> if not how do I go about getting the most recent one?
>>
>> 	Paul Connally            	paulc at boulder.colorado.edu
>> 	University of Colorado  	High Voltage Electron Microscope Lab
>> 	MCDB  -  Box 347 		"A higher potential for
>> 	Boulder, CO  80309		                 better penetration."
>The latest release
>of IRIX is 3.1G, which you should be able to get through customer support.
>
>Always remember, if you have any problems at all, call the
>Geometry Hotline at 1-800-345-0222.  It is manned and ready to help YOU
>out!
>
>-- Jim Barton
>Silicon Graphics Computer Systems    "UNIX: Live Free Or Die!"
>jmb at sgi.sgi.com, sgi!jmb at decwrl.dec.com, ...{decwrl,sun}!sgi!jmb

Most people will find  3.1D works just fine. That's why we're still
shipping it on systems. If you have this release and are having some
kind of trouble with something in particluar, then give us a call. We
might be able to help, or it might be fixed in one of our intermediate
releases (like 3.1G).

You should have recently received a document called "The Geometry
Hotline Users Guide", which explains our operation and how to make
best use of it. If you haven't seen it, ask around. Someone there
probably got one (depends on who's in our database as the owner of
the system). If you didn't get one, send me email (dunlap at sgi.com) and
I'll make sure you get one.

later,

chris