Iris 3020 workstations for sale.

Kirk D. Alexander KIRK at pucc.Princeton.EDU
Thu Jan 19 08:41:31 AEST 1989

January 18, 1989

   The Interactive  Computer Graphics Laboratory  (ICGL)  at
Princeton University is  interested in selling eight  of its
Silicon Graphics 3020 Engineering Workstations.   The asking
price for all of the units listed below is $12,000.00 each.

   All of the machines are Motorola 68020 CPU's running AT&T
Unix System V with Berkeley 4.2 enhancements.    Displayable
resolution  on all  machines is  1024x780.    There are  two
configurations, with and without tape drivers:

                Configuration I - 4 each of

     #W-3020 Iris 3020 Workstation
     #H-ZC2 Z Clipping
     #H-DM24A 1024x1024x24 Display Memory (total=32bits)
     #H3-FPA Floating Point Accelerator
     #C3W-TCP Ethernet Interface
     #D-60-RS 60HZ/RS170A Display Format & Monitor
     70Meg Winchester Disk, 4 Meg System RAM

                Configuration II - 4 each of

     Same as above plus
     #P-CT 1/4" Cartridge Tape Drive
     #C3W-IBM Link Interface

   The  original list  price of  Configuration  I was  about
$59,000.  The list price of the tape drive was $2100.   This
was in  June of  1986.   Princeton  has been  spending about
$3000 per year per unit  for basic maintenance.   Commercial
prices for such maintenance may be higher.

Kirk Alexander, Manager
Interactive Computer Graphics Laboratory
E-420 Engineering Quadrangle
Princeton University
Princeton, N.J. 08544
(609) 452-5470